We take theology seriously, because the Proper Knowledge of God leads us to Love Him! How important it is for all people, and especially those in leadership positions, to learn what the Bible reveals about the True God, Jesus Christ, and His will for our lives.
Therefore Knysna Baptist host the Knysna Baptist School of Theology, open to all people who want to be trained in theology. It is based on the material freely available online from ThirdMillenium.org, and runs every Saturday from 3pm to 5pm.
Each session involves a high quality DVD presentation, study guide material, class discussion and homework. One semester is approximately 10 weeks long, and ends with an exam.
Students who successfully complete the course material will be encouraged to train new students, so that there will be a multiplication effect in the number of students we can accommodate.
Who should attend this course?
- Pastors, church leaders, teachers
- Believers who are serious about growing in their faith
What does the course cost?
- Currently, our pilot phase has no charge. We expect to charge a nominal fee per semester (around R200) to encourage commitment and supplement the costs of printing, etc.
- Bursaries will be considered on individual merit and past performance
What courses are taught?
- Most of the course material is sourced from thirdmill.org.
- The first 2 semesters cover Christology (“We believe in Jesus”), including
- Jesus the Redeemer
- Jesus the Christ
- Jesus the Prophet
- Jesus the Priest
- Jesus the King
- For a full list of courses that can be covered in the future, visit http://thirdmill.org
Where can I find out more about ThirdMillenium?
- Please visit http://thirdmill.org/mission/ to find out more about ThirdMillenium.
Do I have to attend the School of Theology, or can I study this on thirdmill.org in my own home?
- You may study completely independently of the Knysna Baptist School of Theology. IIIM even have their own partnership with Birmingham Theological Seminary, who award a certificate in Christian Ministry.
- But benefits of joining the Knysna Baptist School of Theology include the benefits of classroom learning: discussion, mentorship peer-interaction and encouragement
Do you offer recognised qualifications?
- No. We are not registered with the Department of Education.
- But we do acknowledge your participation and successful completion through ceremony and certificate.